The good news is that:
- my application for Erasmus was ACCEPTED!!!!
So, unless sth seriously problematic crops up...*wait a sec! this was supposed to be about GOOD news! Start again...*
I'm going to spend my next winter semester in VIENNA! :)) Where are my guidebooks?! Viennese museums, parks,...., beware, I'm coming!
- my salsa course ended some time ago nad since it wasn't thaaaat much fun for me I decided to look for something else and I went to... BELLY DANCE classes... Yes, you've heard/read it right; strange as it may seem :P Honestly, I would have never ever thought such things are for me... but it's actually so much fun!!! And there are few steps so I don't get lost and lose the rhythm much. And it doesn't require much space so I can practice at home as well (which was a bit of a problem when I tried to dance salsa) And although it's not really that exhausting and I'm not loosing weight, and I'm not reeeally good at it, etc. it atcually made me LIKE MYSELF more (my body, I mean). It's more than a dance. It teaches patience, makes you calm and energetic at the same time. Physically & mentally... And, well, don't get me wrong, I really like men, but... It's kinda nice that we are all women there; many of us being not that young and not that slim (if ya know what I mean...) and we still try to muster some grace in the moves we make, successfully or not... And, insignificant as it may seem, the long colourful/shiny skirts some of us have are cute, I must say :) Yeah, I've found my type of "dancing".
- I'm getting more and more proficient in finding my no-charge methods of entertaining myself. :) I've been to two nice plays recently. One was in German Konig Ubu (Ubu Roi/ King Ubu)and I understood litttle beyond the general storyline, but the acting was so professional it made it all really worthwhile. The other was E.Ionesco's "Jacques, ou la soumission" (Jack or the submission / Kubuś czyli uległość). This one was in Polish, fortunately, 'cos I wouldn't wanna miss all the language-based pjokes, puns that is. :)) One joke actually saved my day, 'cos it referred to cats and the topic of cats was very important to me that day (for the reasons given it the "bad news" part)
The ordinary news is that:
- I had to give up leaving some of my stuff at my faculty's library lockers throughout the day 'cos other people got the same idea and there were no free lockers left for those who wanted to enter the library. And so the librarians "rebelled." Of course they were right. I knew that from the very beginning, but it was sooooo damn comfortable (hihi or should I say: light) without all the kilograms of books I often have to carry with me :(( My poor spine will really miss the locker. And they say that studying is a mental activity... Nope, carrying my bags today - I sometimes need 2 bags of Thursday - is an arduous, physical, spine-damaging task! :P
The bad news is that ...
... well, it somehow doesn't feel right to mention this as the last thing and i should have devoted a separate entry to that sad fact, but I couldn't have done that 'cos there was something wrong with my internet connection at that time... anyways...
I used to have a dog and 2 cats (in Tychy). And we allowed the cats to go outside quite freely' cos we somehow feel pity for those cats who are kept indoors all the time (and may get crazy or depressed). And everything was fine as we live in a quiet neighborhood with little traffic in the nearest vicinity. But... Now I have just 1 cat, the younger one. Her mom, Nina, is gone :((( And because I really can't blame the cat for her behavior and I don't want to blame my family for the freedom we gave to our cats, just let me say... I HATE CARELESS DRIVERS! :(((
- My old and epileptic dog is really old and epileptic, and any day...
So as to finish this post on a less sad note... The Easter break is coming. The spring has already come and the days seem longer, especially after the time change. And me & my flatmate got some flowers in the kitchen. :)))
And again I feel like writing about so many different things... I need some form of a system to shorten my flow of words. Maybe this'll work: